11 College Scholarships For Twins, Triplets, & Other Multiples
Attending college can be a costly endeavor, and for families with multiples – twins, triplets, or even higher-order multiples – the financial burden can be even greater. However, there are scholarships specifically designed to help these unique individuals pursue higher education without breaking the bank. In this article, we will explore 11 college scholarships for twins, triplets, and other multiples.
1. The Twin Discount Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University in Minnesota. It provides a 50% reduction in tuition for twins who attend these schools at the same time.
2. The Triplet Discount Scholarship: Similar to the Twin Discount Scholarship, this scholarship also provides a 50% reduction in tuition for triplets attending The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University.
3. The Norbert M. Petry Scholarship for Twins: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign offers this scholarship for twins who are enrolled full-time on their campus. It provides a one-time award of $1,000.
4. The Carl and Alpha Steffes Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is administered by the Multiple Births Foundation (MBF) and is available to twins, triplets, quadruplets, or quintuplets attending a four-year accredited college or university in the United States. The award amount varies and is determined by the MBF.
5. The Victorious almost 40 Twin Scholarship: This scholarship is specifically for twins or higher multiples attending the University of Dayton in Ohio. It provides a $2,000 award per year, renewable for up to four years.
6. The Twins Scholarship: Offered by the Illinois Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (IOMOTC), this scholarship is available to twins who are residents of Illinois and are planning to attend an accredited college or university in the state. The award amount is $1,000 per twin.
7. The Twins Days Scholarship: This scholarship is sponsored by the Twins Days Festival, an annual event celebrating twins. It is open to twins who are high school seniors and offers a $2,000 award.
8. The Doris A. Howell Foundation Scholarship for Multiples: This scholarship is available to twins, triplets, or higher order multiples who are residents of San Diego County, California, and are pursuing a career in a health-related field. The award amount is $2,500 per twin.
9. The Superstition Mountain Desert Twins Scholarship: This scholarship is available to twins or higher order multiples who have lived in Apache Junction or Gold Canyon, Arizona, for at least two years. It offers a $2,000 award.
10. The William M. and Helen M. Hammack Scholarship: This scholarship is for twins or higher order multiples who are graduates of Wyandotte High School in Kansas City, Kansas, and are planning to attend an accredited college or university. The award amount varies.
11. The Twiniversity Scholarship: Twiniversity, an online community for parents of twins, offers this scholarship to twins who are high school seniors or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. It provides two $1,000 awards.
These scholarships provide financial assistance to twins, triplets, and other multiples, helping them pursue their educational goals without the additional burden of high tuition costs. It is important for individuals interested in these scholarships to carefully review the requirements and application process for each scholarship to determine their eligibility and increase their chances of receiving an award.
In conclusion, the 11 college scholarships for twins, triplets, and other multiples listed above highlight the availability of financial assistance for these unique individuals. By taking advantage of these opportunities, twins and multiples can alleviate some of the financial strain associated with higher education, allowing them to focus on their academic pursuits and future career goals.