Students with learning disabilities face unique challenges when it comes to pursuing higher education. However, there are several scholarships available specifically designed to support these students in their educational journey. In this article, we will explore 22 scholarships for students with learning disabilities, providing detailed information about each scholarship.
1. Anne Ford Scholarship: Offered by the National Center for Learning Disabilities, this scholarship awards $10,000 to a graduating high school senior with a documented learning disability.
2. Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship: Also provided by the National Center for Learning Disabilities, this scholarship is dedicated to high school seniors who are planning to pursue post-secondary education.
3. The P. Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship awards $1,500 to a high school senior diagnosed with a learning disability and plans to pursue a career in visual arts.
4. The Allegra Ford Scholarship for Students with ADHD: Offered by the Attention Deficit Disorder Association, this scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors with ADHD.
5. The NCLD Youth Scholarships: Another scholarship from the National Center for Learning Disabilities, this program awards up to $2,500 to graduating high school seniors with learning disabilities.
6. The Microsoft disAbility Scholarship: This scholarship supports individuals with disabilities, including learning disabilities, who plan to pursue a degree in technology.
7. The Bridge Foundation Scholarship: This scholarship is open to high school seniors with a learning disability who have achieved academic success.
8. The Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) Scholarships: LDA offers various scholarships for students with learning disabilities pursuing a post-secondary education.
9. The National Dyslexia Research Foundation Scholarship Program: This scholarship assists students with dyslexia pursuing higher education.
10. The Shire ADHD Scholarship Program: Shire Pharmaceuticals offers scholarships to students with ADHD who are pursuing higher education.
11. The Elizabeth Hoyt Clark Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students with learning disabilities who demonstrate financial need and academic achievement.
12. The CHADD Youth Achievement Award: The Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) offer scholarships to high school seniors with ADHD.
13. The Fred J. Epstein Youth Achievement Award: This scholarship program recognizes young individuals with epilepsy who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
14. The Dyslexic Advantage Scholarship: Open to high school seniors who have been diagnosed with dyslexia, this scholarship emphasizes the strengths and talents of dyslexic students.
15. The Incight Scholarship: This scholarship supports students with disabilities, including learning disabilities, who are pursuing higher education.
16. The Iris Ballard Scholarship: Open to undergraduate students with learning disabilities, this scholarship program supports academic success and personal growth.
17. The George and Patricia Cornell Scholarship: Offered by the Foundation for Rehabilitation Psychology, this scholarship supports students with disabilities pursuing graduate studies in psychology.
18. The CIP Scholarship: The College Internship Program provides scholarships to students with learning differences and autism who are pursuing post-secondary education.
19. The Donald F. and Mildred Topp Othmer National Scholarship Awards: These scholarships are offered to students with learning disabilities who are planning to pursue a degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
20. The Anne Lowe Scholarship Fund: This scholarship supports students with documented learning disabilities who are enrolled in a trade school or vocational program.
21. The Children’s Dyslexia Centers Scholarships: These scholarships are provided to individuals with dyslexia who are enrolled in post-secondary education or vocational training programs.
22. The Wyoming Association for Learning Disabilities Scholarship: Open to Wyoming residents with a learning disability, this scholarship assists students pursuing higher education or vocational training within the state.
These scholarships provide financial assistance and recognition to students with learning disabilities, enabling them to achieve their academic goals and pursue successful careers. Whether it is for students with ADHD, dyslexia, or other specific learning disabilities, these scholarships play a crucial role in supporting and empowering students with unique learning needs.