Business majors are in high demand in today’s job market, and pursuing a degree in this field can lead to lucrative career opportunities. However, the cost of obtaining a business degree can be a major deterrent for many students. Thankfully, there are numerous scholarships available specifically for business majors, which can help alleviate the financial burden. In this article, we will highlight 27 scholarships for business majors that students can consider applying for.
1. GEICO Business Leadership Award: This scholarship is available to undergraduate business students who demonstrate leadership potential and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Recipients are selected based on academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
2. National Business Association Scholarship: The NBA Scholarship program offers scholarships to business students who are members of the National Business Association. Applicants must be enrolled in a business-related program and demonstrate academic excellence and leadership skills.
3. Future Leaders Scholarship: This scholarship, offered by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), is available to undergraduate business students pursuing a career in management accounting. Recipients of this scholarship will receive financial support and have access to IMA’s professional resources.
4. Sallie Mae Fund First in My Family Scholarship Program: This scholarship program is designed to support first-generation college students pursuing a degree in business. Eligible applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and demonstrate financial need.
5. The Gates Scholarship: The Gates Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship program that provides full tuition support for exceptional minority students. Business majors who are high school seniors can apply for this scholarship if they demonstrate outstanding academic achievements, leadership potential, and financial need.
6. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Scholarships: The NAACP offers various scholarships to African American students, including those pursuing degrees in business. These scholarships range from local to national levels and aim to support talented students in their educational pursuits.
7. Coca-Cola Scholars Program: The Coca-Cola Scholars Program is a highly prestigious scholarship program available to high school seniors who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, and service to their communities. Business majors can apply for this scholarship and receive significant financial support.
8. Tillman Scholars Program: The Pat Tillman Foundation provides scholarships to military veterans and their spouses who are pursuing a degree in business. The program supports students who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a commitment to serving others.
9. National Society of Accountants Scholarship Foundation: This foundation offers scholarships to accounting and finance students pursuing a business-related degree. Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and financial need to be considered for this scholarship.
10. Future Leaders of Law Scholarship: The Future Leaders of Law Scholarship is available to undergraduate business students who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in law. Recipients of this scholarship will receive financial support and access to mentorship opportunities.
11. Society for Human Resource Management Foundation Scholarships: The SHRM Foundation provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students studying human resource management. These scholarships aim to support the development of future HR leaders.
12. National Federation of Independent Business Young Entrepreneur Awards: This scholarship program is open to high school seniors who demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for business. Winners receive financial support to pursue their college education.
13. Phi Beta Lambda Scholarships: Phi Beta Lambda, the collegiate division of Future Business Leaders of America, offers scholarships to college students who are members of the organization. These scholarships recognize academic achievement and leadership potential.
14. Financial Executives International Scholarships: The Financial Executives International (FEI) offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students studying finance or accounting. Recipients must demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to pursuing a career in finance.
15. National Association of Professional Mortgage Women Scholarships: NAPMW provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers related to real estate finance. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership potential, and financial need.
16. National Society of Hispanic MBAs Scholarships: The NSHMBA offers scholarships to Hispanic business students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential. These scholarships support the educational and professional development of Hispanic professionals in business.
17. National Black MBA Association Scholarships: The NBMBAA offers scholarships to African American business students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in business. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and leadership potential to be considered for these scholarships.
18. Society of Women Engineers Scholarships: The Society of Women Engineers offers scholarships to women pursuing degrees in engineering or computer science. Business majors with a focus on these fields can apply for these scholarships and receive financial support.
19. National Association of Women MBAs Scholarships: The NAWMBA offers scholarships to women pursuing MBAs or business-related degrees. These scholarships aim to support the professional growth and development of women in business.
20. Finance and Financial Services Scholarships: Various scholarships are available specifically for students pursuing finance-related degrees. Financial institutions, such as J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs, offer scholarships to business majors with an interest in finance.
21. Marketing Scholarships: Many scholarships are available for students pursuing degrees in marketing. Professional organizations like the American Marketing Association and the Marketing EDGE offer scholarships to aspiring marketing professionals.
22. Supply Chain and Operations Management Scholarships: Organizations such as the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals and the Institute for Supply Management offer scholarships to students pursuing degrees in supply chain and operations management.
23. Entrepreneurship Scholarships: There are scholarships available for students interested in entrepreneurship. The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship and the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization offer scholarships to students with entrepreneurial aspirations.
24. International Business Scholarships: Students interested in pursuing international business can apply for scholarships offered by organizations such as the Academy of International Business and the U.S. Foreign Service.
25. Business Leadership and Management Scholarships: The American Management Association and the Society for Human Resource Management offer scholarships to students majoring in business leadership and management.
26. Accounting Scholarships: Various accounting organizations offer scholarships to accounting majors. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Government Accountants, and the Institute of Management Accountants are among the organizations that provide scholarships in this field.
27. Business Ethics Scholarships: Business students who have a strong interest in ethical practices can apply for scholarships offered by organizations such as the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance and the Society for Business Ethics Foundation.
In conclusion, there are numerous scholarships available to students pursuing a degree in business. These scholarships provide financial support and recognition for talented students in various disciplines within the field of business. Students interested in applying for these scholarships should carefully review the eligibility criteria and application requirements to increase their chances of receiving financial assistance for their education.