As the demand for professionals in STEM fields continues to grow, there are numerous scholarships available to support aspiring students in pursuing their education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These scholarships not only provide financial assistance but also offer opportunities for mentorship, networking, and skill development. Here are 34 stem scholarships to apply for now:
1. The National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program: A highly competitive and prestigious scholarship for graduate students in STEM fields. It provides three years of funding and various professional development opportunities.
2. The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program: Recognizes undergraduate students who have exceptional potential in mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering. The scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year.
3. The Society of Women Engineers Scholarships: Offering various scholarships for women pursuing degrees in engineering, engineering technology, and computer science.
4. The Google Women Techmakers Scholarship: Aimed at supporting women in computer science and technology-related fields. Recipients receive a monetary award and are invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat.
5. The National Physical Science Consortium Fellowship: Provides funding for graduate students pursuing doctoral studies in physics, chemistry, computer science, and related fields. Recipients receive full tuition, stipend, and mentoring opportunities.
6. The Intel Science Talent Search: A competition open to high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional scientific and mathematical abilities. Winners receive scholarships up to $100,000.
7. The American Chemical Society Scholars Program: Provides scholarships for underrepresented minority students pursuing degrees in chemistry and related fields. Scholars also receive mentoring and networking opportunities.
8. The National Society of Black Engineers Scholarships: Offers scholarships for African American students pursuing degrees in engineering. Various scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students.
9. The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Foundation Scholarships: Provides financial assistance to Hispanic students studying engineering or engineering technology.
10. The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program: Awards scholarships to students planning to major in STEM fields and who demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
11. The Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program: Designed to support outstanding graduate students in marine biology, oceanography, and other NOAA-related fields.
12. The HENAAC Scholars Program: Provides scholarships for Hispanic students pursuing degrees in STEM fields. Recipients receive financial assistance and career development support.
13. The NASA Internships, Fellowships, and Scholarships Program: Offers a wide range of opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in STEM fields to gain hands-on experience and financial support.
14. The Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship Program: Designed to support African American, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, and Hispanic students pursuing degrees in technical fields.
15. The Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology: A competition for high school students that awards scholarships for outstanding research projects in STEM fields.
16. The National Space Club Scholarships: Offers scholarships for high school seniors planning to pursue careers in STEM fields that focus on space exploration.
17. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program: Provides scholarships for underrepresented, low-income students pursuing degrees in biomedical and behavioral sciences.
18. The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program: Offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing STEM degrees in exchange for a commitment to work for the Department of Defense after graduation.
19. The Davidson Fellows Scholarship: Available to students under the age of 18 who have completed a significant piece of work in the STEM fields. Recipients receive $50,000, $25,000, or $10,000 scholarships.
20. The National GEM Consortium Graduate Fellowships: Aimed at increasing the representation of underrepresented minority students in STEM fields. Offers funding for master’s and doctoral studies.
21. The AISES Intel Scholarship: Offered by the American Indian Science and Engineering Society to support Native American students pursuing degrees in STEM fields.
22. The Microsoft Scholarship Program: Provides scholarships for undergraduate students studying computer science, computer engineering, or related fields.
23. The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) Student Travel Awards: Supports undergraduate and graduate students attending SIAM conferences or meetings related to applied mathematics.
24. The National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship: Provides funding for U.S. citizens pursuing doctoral degrees in STEM fields related to national security.
25. The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science Fellowship Program: Offers fellowships for underrepresented minority students pursuing graduate degrees in STEM fields.
26. The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers Scholarships: Provides scholarships for students studying industrial engineering or related fields.
27. The Society for the Advancement of Chicano/Hispanic and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Scholarships: Aimed at supporting underrepresented minority students in STEM fields with financial assistance and mentorship.
28. The DiscoverE Global Marathon Scholarship Program: Offers scholarships for women in engineering and technology-related fields, along with mentorship opportunities.
29. The Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship Program: Provides scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students studying life sciences, biology, or related fields.
30. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: Supports undergraduate students studying disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric sciences, research, and policy.
31. The Women In Aviation International Scholarships: Offers various scholarships for women pursuing a career in aviation and aerospace fields, including engineering and technology-focused scholarships.
32. The Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation Scholarships: Provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in manufacturing engineering or related fields.
33. The Genetic Science Learning Center Summer Internship: Offers internships for high school and undergraduate students interested in genetics and genomics research.
34. The NatureNet Science Fellowship: Supports outstanding early-career scientists whose research contributes to solving critical environmental challenges.
These scholarships offer incredible opportunities for aspiring STEM professionals, providing financial support, mentorship, and networking opportunities. With a wide range of options available, students should thoroughly research each scholarship’s requirements and deadlines before applying. By taking advantage of these scholarships, students can alleviate financial burdens and focus on their studies, paving the way for a successful career in STEM.